A variety of spices occupy a significant place in the grocery group. Therefore, their competent packaging is an important stage in the sale. The successful selling of the product and its popularity among the buyers depends on the performance of this process.
Difficulties in packing ground spices
The main difficulty that has to be solved is the neutralization of the dust formed when pouring spices.
As a dusty product, ground spices require a special attention. There are several reasons for this:
- Inhaled dust has a detrimental effect on the health of workers, resulting in reduced productivity and quality of work;
- Dust settles on the moving parts of the machine causing it to malfunction;
- Some of the spices become dust after grinding, which cannot be packed. Thus, part of the product is lost, for the manufacture of which the raw materials were purchased.
For dust removal special dust recovery systems and exhaust probes are used.
Packaging options for spices and seasonings
- Packaging spices in 3-side or 4-side sealed sachets
- Packaging spices in flow pack(with gusset or pillow type);
- Packaging spices in “doy pack”;
- Packaging spieces in pre-made containers (carton, glass or plastic containers).
Portion packing of spices in sachets is successfully used on hospitality enterprises, public catering enterprises, and also in servicing passengers of airplanes, trains, ships, buses.
Any type of bag is suitable for home use, including ready-made packaging.
Overview of equipment for packing spices
There are different models that differ in operating mode, productivity, type of installed dispenser, the ability to connect additional options among the equipment for packing spices.
There are four types of spice dispensers:
- Multihead weigher is an ideal variant for large plants with high productivity. Using a large number of weighing buckets and a high-precision control system, the multi-head spice batcher will fulfill packaging of non-ground free-flowing spices (peppercorns, coriander, caraway seeds, dry herbs) in a short time.
- Linear weigher has a powerful vibrating feeder system, a two-level product distribution and leveling system, as well as an electronic control system and a closed structure; and it is an indispensable assistant in working with dusty spices. The closed design is specially used to prevent dusting. The weigher for spices will be successfully used under conditions of large and medium-sized production.
- Auger filler for spices equipped with a separate drive of the agitator and auger, a programmable controller, has high accuracy and the ability to adjust the dispensing mode according to six parameters.
- Despite the simple design a volume batcher has a high output capacity and assumes the packing of spices according to the volume of the packing container. In this case the package receives such an amount of product that can fit into the container. Such spicery dispensers are usually low cost and high speed, and are well suited for filling spices with a stable specific gravity (sorted coriander, caraway, etc.).
The successful choice of equipment for packing spices depends not only on the volume of the expected load, but also on the type of product itself. If you are going to pack non-ground spices, then it is better to choose the volume filler. When working with ground spices, auger fillers or vibrating feeders are suitable. Our technicians will help you to choose the spice equipment suitable for your request.